June 18, 2010

The Simple Popover

Offer me a popover...and you have a friend for life.  Big jumbo ones, small cute ones, flecked with herbs, laced with cheese, slathered with jam, any kind you can imagine, I assure you that if they are in front of me...they will be savored and devoured.  These are my absolute faves when it comes to rolls and breads.  I can say that I have made a few in my time...and this recipe is my definite go to for a simple quick compliment to any meal.  

My Favorite Popovers 
Makes 6 jumbo or 12 minis

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 1/2 tsp course salt
3 eggs

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  
Mix all ingredients together until combined.  The mixture will be lumpy.  Do not over mix.  

Pour mixture into popover pan filling each cup about 3/4 full.  

Place in oven for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for another 15 minutes.  
Do not open oven until cooking time is complete and your popovers have risen.  
Best served hot right out of the oven.

Enjoy!

No comments: